Making Constitutions (or By-Laws) Work For Your Chapter!
Wisconsin is in the process of updating its Constitution, but parliamentary language can be a challenge! This seemed like a great opportunity to pool ideas about what chapters are finding works well for them:
- Have you used more detail or less? Do you find it helps (continuity) or hinders (restrictive)?
- Do you hold officer elections, or appoint them? How do you describe this process?
- How do you define your members? What are they empowered to do?
- How are major club changes (like Constitutional changes) approved?
- What is one Constitutional item/aspect that has worked particularly well for your chapter?